Have you received notification from
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that
your site is regulated under CFATS? Within
120 days of receiving your notification letter,
you must gather significant data and submit
the required Site Security Plan (SSP). The SSP
demonstrates your commitment to DHS that
you will meet the Risk Based Performance
Standards (RBPS) for your facility, though it is
unlikely all capital improvements will be made
immediately. Implementation of all the programs required by CFATS can be very
costly and you will want a consultant who can creatively achieve compliance at the
lowest possible cost.
ASI will help you meet short term goals of SSP
filing and we can offer you support
through the entire lifecycle of CFATS implementation.
Partnering with ASI
provides you with the expertise that comes with more than 15 years of chemical
security experience. With our assistance, the development process for the required
SSP will provide:
- Technical physical security expertise to satisfy demanding DHS expectations of the online Chemical Security Assessment Tool (CSAT) SSP software.
- Common sense solutions to comply with the regulation.
- A cost estimate with several options for compliance activities.
There are some key challenges in CFATS implementation that ASI will overcome for you:
- Cost of implementation ASI will help to minimize the cost by completing an indepth
analysis of the practices already in place in your facility and evaluating how best
to use or expand those practices to help satisfy the DHS requirements.
- How do you measure up to the CFATS RBPS? ASI will conduct an initial gap analysis
based on your Chemical of Interest (COI) and assigned tier.
- Is a perimeter or asset based approach most cost effective ASI will analyze
compliance from both perspectives.
- Should you file a conventional CSAT, SSP or an Alternative Security Program (ASP)
ASI will analyze compliance from both perspectives.
- The online SSP does not provide any workable security plan ASI will provide
not only a completed SSP, but also update or help to create your Security Standard
Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
(CFATS) Implementation Made Easy
Once you receive your notification letter from DHS, the clock starts ticking.
If you are under pressure to implement CFATS, contact ASI
to take away the pain of compliance. Our ASI
CFATS consultants are Chemical-
Terrorism Vulnerability Information (CVI) certified. We have experience with
developing SSPs (in all four tiers) throughout the U.S. and abroad.
Contact ASI today to request a proposal for CFATS implementation.
Link to DHS CFATS site:
Web Site by Crystal Peak Design at www.crystalpeak.com and www.crystalpeakcreations.com